Thursday 24 February 2011

My first fashion show!! & VFS Exhibition Favs

I managed to get hold of a ticket to an Alice Palmer show at Vauxhall Fashion Scout on the last day of Fashion Week and it was great show. Known for her knitwear pieces, Palmer's show was a great crowd pleaser as she lived up to expectations of combining both minimalistic style and edge with the knitwear. I wasn't able to get any great pictures but here's a couple (a little blurred).



 Like I said...not the best pictures in the world! So here's some proper photos of the best looks;

Holed, spiky and asymmetric knits dominated this runway with hardly any colour other than white, black, nude and peeks of crimson on one look. Palmer was going for the edgy, 'rock sensibility' looks for A/W 2011/12. One thing that is great about this collection is the way the designer has been able to create 3D sculpture-like dresses and looks; the dresses almost embody themselves. My favourite look was the strapless white and black dress (shown above- far left on my pictures). 

I also had a look through the exhibition of designers at VFS and picked a few of my favourite pieces;
Dress By Edward Finney

Top- Hokum-Hokum
Unknown!
Unknown!

Three words; Texture, Peach-pink and Dramatic. 
There was a lot I loved. New designers this year, have experimented on textures with different fabrics and structures. 
Gotta say though, wasn't too keen on the overly bright tribal designs and clash colour blocking from some of the designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment